We work hard to ensure our clients are happy with their results.
We're dedicated to achieving positive outcomes for our clients.
You have nothing to lose by speaking with our firm today.
Chicago used to have a city-wide ban on the possession of all
firearms. Over this past summer, however, the Supreme Court ruled that it was unconstitutional
to completely ban firearm ownership and possession. Now, Chicago has new
gun laws that are very strict.
Highlights of the new firearm statute are:
1. Guns may only be possessed inside the home. They are not allowed to
be possessed even on your own porch, in your own yard, or in your own garage.
2. You may only have one loaded and accessible gun in your home. All other
guns must be broken down and unloaded.
3. You must have a Chicago Firearms Permit (CFP) as well as a state-issued
Firearms Owner's Identification Card (FOID) in order to purchase or
possess a gun.
4. You have to have completed four hours of classroom weapons training
and one hour of training at a shooting range in order to get a FOID.
5. All firearms must be registered with the city police.
If you have any questions about the new gun laws, or if you have been charged
with a weapons violation, you should
contact a Chicago Criminal Defense Attorney at soon as possible.
We work hard to ensure that our clients are happy.
In DUI cases, time is important. Start building a defense now!
We are committed to achieving positive outcomes.
Work with an effective and experienced law firm in Chicago to resolve your