Falsely Accused of Domestic Violence
Chicago Criminal Defense Attorney
A domestic violence conviction can ruin your life—you could be forced
to leave your home and forbidden from spending time with your children.
Oftentimes a person is falsely accused of domestic violence out of jealousy
or spite on the part of the alleged victim. However, you are innocent
until proven otherwise, so begin your defense by call our Chicago criminal
defense attorney to clear your name of accusations.
What to do if You are Accused of Domestic Violence
Because most individuals are presumed guilty when charged with domestic
violence, it can be difficult to prove innocence. However, with the help
of a skilled defense lawyer, false allegations can be refuted and your
good name can be preserved.
If you have been accused, you should take the following steps:
- Retain an experienced criminal defense attorney before your evidentiary hearing
- File your own mutual domestic violence injunction against your accuser
- Request for a production of documents and get a copy of the formal complaint
- File a civil claim for defamation of character regarding the distress of
- Strictly adhere to the terms of your restraining order if one was filed
- Talk to your attorney about your rights as a parent
- Be persistent but calm when defending your innocence
Bear in mind that if you are being falsely accused, your accuser could
be faced with perjury charges. You deserve to have your side of the story
heard and your rights upheld; you get exactly that when you come to our firm.
Get Counsel from a Seasoned Legal Advocate
At the Law Offices of Mitch Furman we seek to preserve the rights of all
our clients who are accused of domestic violence. As a Chicago criminal
defense attorney, our founding lawyer can offer you counsel backed by
15 years of experience fighting for the rights of the accused. At the
Law Offices of Mitch Furman, we believe that providing an aggressive defense
is fundamental to maintaining our clients' innocence.
Call to set up a consultation today so you can speak with our firm and begin your defense.