Chicago Vehicular Manslaughter Attorney
Searching for an attorney for vehicular manslaughter in Chicago?
Driving under the influence is a form of criminal negligence. If you or someone you love was driving
while intoxicated and was involved in an accident in which someone was
fatally injured, you will want to retain an aggressive lawyer right away.
Vehicular manslaughter, also referred to as reckless homicide, is generally
a Class 3 felony. When the driver is intoxicated, however, the crime becomes
a Class 2 felony. Reckless homicide is a type of
Penalties for Vehicular Manslaughter in Illinois
penalties of a felony conviction are dramatically more severe than those for a misdemeanor
offense, such as:
A First DUI with no accident
- A Class 2 felony for reckless homicide carries a minimum 3 year prison
sentence and a maximum 14 year prison sentence.
First DUI With Accident (Resulting in the death of 2 or more individuals)
- The minimum prison sentence increases to 6 years and the maximum prison
sentence increases to 28 years.
Reckless Homicide Conviction
- You may have to pay up to $25,000 in fines
- Your license may be revoked or suspended for 2 years
- You may be forced to attend alcohol rehabilitation or alcohol education classes
- You will be marked as a felon for the rest of your life
Reckless Homicide Lawyer in Chicago
Looking for an attorney for a vehicular manslaughter case in Chicago? I
am Mitch Furman, and at my law firm, we are committed to proving our clients'
innocence and to protecting their constitutional rights. I and my legal
team have extensive trial experience defending clients who were charged
with aggravated DUI and reckless homicide. The Law Offices of Mitch Furman
offers all clients a preliminary
case evaluation at no cost, so do not hesitate to call!
Contact my firm today for aggressive defense against DUI charges.