Chicago Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault Lawyer
Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault in Illinois
Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault, 720 ILCS 5/11-1.30, statute imposes very harsh penalties if you are convicted under this charge. It is a Class X Felony, and is non probationable. If the accused is found guilty of the offence of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault, judge must sentence the person to a mandatory prison term of anywhere from 6 to 30 years. In certain circumstances, the sentence can be extended for an additional 25 years, in cases where a gun is used in commission of the crime.
Calling Chicago Premier Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault Attorney
Even if you have not yet been arrested for aggravated criminal sexual assault, but merely been contacted by the law enforcement agency, to come in for an interview. You must call an attorney immediately. A skilful lawyer, Mitch Furman, is well versed in the tactics law enforcement use to have a person confess to a crime that may have not been committed. Most of the time, police do not have sufficient evidence for an arrest warrant to be issued. They utilise deceptive tactics to have a person come in and give them a statement regarding aggravated sexual assault investigation that is pending. Most of the times, when a lawyer is present during these interviews, police will be prohibited from asking the accused person any questions. Attorney, Mitch Furman, can help explain your rights regarding police questioning.
What Are the Elements of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault?
Illinois law states that a person is guilty of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault when, that person commits criminal sexual assault and any of the following aggravating circumstances exist during the commission of the offense.
- the person displays, threatens to use, or uses a dangerous weapon, other than a firearm, or any other object fashioned or used in a manner that leads the victim, under the circumstances, reasonably to believe that the object is a dangerous weapon
- the person causes bodily harm to the victim, except as provided in paragraph (10); (3) the person acts in a manner that threatens or endangers the life of the victim or any other person
- the person commits the criminal sexual assault during the course of committing or attempting to commit any other felony
- the victim is 60 years of age or older
- the victim is a person with a physical disability
- the person delivers (by injection, inhalation, ingestion, transfer of possession, or any other means) any controlled substance to the victim without the victim's consent or by threat or deception for other than medical purposes
- the person is armed with a firearm
the person personally discharges a firearm during the commission of the offense or the person personally discharges a firearm during the commission of the offense, and that discharge proximately causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, permanent disfigurement, or death to another person.
Hiring a Skilful Chicago Premier Attorney
If you are charged with aggravated criminal sexual assault, you need top notch lawyer to help you. Chicago criminal defense attorney Mitch Furman can help you. Consult with a skilful lawyer today.
Contact the Law Offices of Mitch Furman! I will leave no stone unturned in the discovery, investigation, and defense of your case. Schedule your free consultation today so I can begin building your aggressive defense!