Chicago Vehicular Manslaughter Attorney
Searching for an attorney for vehicular manslaughter?
Driving under the influence is a form of criminal negligence. If you or someone you love was driving while intoxicated and was involved in an accident in which someone was fatally injured, you will want to retain an aggressive criminal defense lawyer right away. Vehicular manslaughter, also referred to as reckless homicide, is generally a Class 3 felony. When the driver is intoxicated, however, the crime becomes a Class 2 felony. Reckless homicide is a type of aggravated DUI.
Penalties for Vehicular Manslaughter in Illinois
A First DUI with no accident
- A Class 2 felony for reckless homicide carries a minimum 3-year prison sentence and a maximum 14-year prison sentence.
First DUI With Accident (Resulting in the death of 2 or more individuals)
- The minimum prison sentence increases to 6 years, and the maximum prison sentence increases to 28 years.
Reckless Homicide Conviction
- You may have to pay up to $25,000 in fines
- Your license may be revoked or suspended for 2 years
- You may be forced to attend alcohol rehabilitation or alcohol education classes
- You will be marked as a felon for the rest of your life
Reckless Homicide Lawyer in Chicago
I am Mitch Furman, and at my law firm, we are committed to proving our clients' innocence and to protecting their constitutional rights. I and my legal team have extensive trial experience defending clients who were charged with aggravated DUI and reckless homicide. The Law Offices of Mitch Furman offers all clients a preliminary case evaluation at no cost, so do not hesitate to call!
Contact my firm today for aggressive defense against DUI charges.